Somewhere Only We Know...: Relief and Joy

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Relief and Joy

A sense of relief and joy enveloped me this morning as i walked to the MRT. A sharp contrast to the bleakness and despair that i felt yesterday.

As much as we hate to admit it, humans are fragile and emotional creatures, we tend to have a sadistic streak in us: we hurt those closest to us, then realise we have also hurt ourselves in the process. We say sorry, then we do it all over again.

That's why, nothing compares to that hug that says "I forgive you" and that tells you it's alright. But that also means we have to learn from our mistakes.

Anyway, Dear, its our 9th month together tomorrow. Not a long time by any standards but precious even still. Thanks for the chances you have given me. From the time when i was going after you even.

From now on, no more meaningless "I love you(s)" if i can't even prevent myself from hurting you.

Chris says:"As Robbie Williams once sang, I too wanna be a Better Man."