Somewhere Only We Know...: The episode about the friends whom are not really friendly.

Monday, August 04, 2008

The episode about the friends whom are not really friendly.

There's this certain group of friends whom i've known for the longest time, yet strangely, whenever we hang out in a large group, I don't feel very happy.

Take the last outing, at a bar in town.

It was the right sort of outing for catching up, almost full-attendance by everyone.

Unfortunately, due to the selfishness of some people, who chose to communicate in SMALL cliques, several others at the fringes were left at the wayside. Like myself.

These friends are just so happy to meet each other, they can spend an hour talking between themselves, and not involve others. Then after they get bored (hours later), they turn to u and ask u for some little update on your life. Get the hint, I already spent those hours YAWNING while waiting for you.

The worst thing is, these people then wonder why you never bring your gf to meet them.

WHY?! Because, if you, a member of the group can be left BORED at one side, then what about your partner, whom they barely know. And let me tell you: their attitude to the gfs in the group is very BAD.

Not all of them, but many of their attitudes. I saw first-hand the experiences that day of two friends' gfs that day. Left out, shunned, practically entertained by only their bfs, and a few kind souls who are able to put themselves in their shoes, and try to make small talk.

Now, I have another friend, who actually bothers to invited my gf to these outings. I was kinda pissed off that day when he did. Why? Because he doesn't see the POINT.

He thinks tt by inviting her, he's showing his , and the group's, sincerity to her. Maybe. But I feel that he's undercutting me- her BF. Do you not think I can persuade my own gf to meet my friends? Dude, you just have to tell me and I can persuade her to go myself. Am I so hen-pecked in your eyes that you think I cant ask her to do something for me like meeting my friends?

Even if you most of you guys treat her like shit, and ignore her. And then the next time, pretentiously ask me how is she when you can't even REMEMBER her name.

Now, let me tell you: Sometimes, I don't even want J to go for these outings, knowing how she will be given the cold shoulder.

I'm sorry to say this, but whenever I hang out with J's friends, they NEVER give me the cold shoulder. Sure, not all of them are perfect, but at least they bother to COMMUNICATE.

The conclusion here is: I would GLADLY ask J to get her to meet certain of my longtime friends, whom I knw would welcome her with open arms. But with the way some of you have treated her in the past, and will most likely continue to treat her...

Well, I don't want her to meet you.

*Anyway, I just want you all to know that I'm not blaming all of you for the way things have turned out, not even the friend who smsed J. But SOME friends in THAT group, well, let's put it that way, I DON'T enjoy your company either. And I think you know who you are. I don't think i'm the only one with a partner who feels this way but I'm surprised I'm the only one with the balls to say this out, and i won't regret it. WI may not be the closest of friends with some of you, but since we are meeting, then shouldn't you make the effort to communicate AMONGST ALL?*
>