Somewhere Only We Know...: Real Estate Agent...

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Real Estate Agent...

Well, not quite, but i AM working for one- a Sales Director for the Resale Division of Debenhem Tie Leung (DTZ) called Amanda...

Basically, my pal Janus let me take over his job cuz he's going to spent the next few weeks on vacation. And boy, am i grateful (thanks man!)... Amanda is a super nice boss and person, must be one of the most friendly, patient and kind bosses i've had. And she's successful too! Goes to show that you don't have to be cut-throat to succeed in this world!

Yup, and although I do mostly paperwork for my $6/hr, I help Amanda call up other agents to find out on the properties they have listed online, so basically I get to MASQUERADE as an agent on the phone. Pretty interesting stuff. Yup, guess the skills i learnt at SPH serve me well in this job. When i'm calling an agent I don't know to ask them if they want to co-broke a house (that means they have a person's house for sale and Amanda has a buyer, and they will work on the deal together so they can split the profit), it takes a certain amount of speaking ability and thick-skin!

Mostly, i'm just glad i have work tis hols (after i made the mistake of applying for my internships late!) and that i'm fortunate enough to find such a great boss.

Oh well, it just goes to show that if you are an optimistic, happy-go-lucky-guy, good things will happen!