Somewhere Only We Know...: I never thought I would say this...

Monday, May 14, 2007

I never thought I would say this...

But, I'm praying daily!

Yup, you heard right. Lately, for the past few days, I have been spending about half an hour at the Adoration Room in church, well, just talking to God.

I've had some personal problems lately, kinda lost myself and found a monster with a hot temper. I've always claimed i had faith, but apparently faith ain't enough when you don't work at it. That's why I've caused so much hurt lately.

Yup, so from now onwards, i pledge to continue my daily quiet time with Him. Someone dear to me once told me that I need to start to help myself before God can help me. Well, then, I didn't take her advice. But now, I have- I need to ask Him to help me learn to calm down.

Maybe, the bad things that happened won't go away. Maybe I won't be given a chance to put things right. I know i have been given enough chances. But at least, I'm trying.

No matter what happens, I hope and PRAY that 2007 will see a brand-new Chris. One that doesn't hate, is not quick to anger, but only loves.

I want to learn to be tolerant, kind-hearted, forgiving, encouraging again.

I hope that no matter what happens, God will save my soul.

Big words no doubt. All the hurt, the pain i've caused won't go away. But at least, the one good thing that came out of this is: I'm believing again.