Somewhere Only We Know...: Final year, final sem. One last hurrah.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Final year, final sem. One last hurrah.

Things couldn't have been going better recently. I got my first ever A+ for a solo assignment in NTU in Duffy's magazine publishing class, and topped it up with a second consecutive A+ in that module today- the latter a Ideas Book where I come up with ideas for my adopted magazine, August Man.

J helped me brainstorm several of my 20 Ideas and i think she deserves credit when Duffy writes: "This is really impressive - there is such a great variety of ideas on many different topics, and every one of them deserves to be in a magazine." I'm proud to have a creative and smart gf!

So in true Fantasy Premier League style (of which I am an obsessive table-topping maniac: i just love winning in everything I do), I award her THREE bonus points today!

Ok, rambling on, but i have discovered the reason for my spate of A-(s) in my earlier years in NTU:
1) I used to be afraid to express myself and take risks in my assignments. But i've since learnt that staying out of your comfort zone sometimes reaps great dividends. Simply put, good students are different.

2) I didn't use to "spoil market" previously. This is my buddy Kangli's spend $1,000,000 to earn $1,000 theory. Sure-win, but hard work. Hence, I made a mock August Man mini-ideas issue (complete with look-alike cover) instead of an ideas book.

Too little too late perhaps to get that first-class honours, but well nothing to be ashamed about. Now, Im just looking forward to (hopefully) scoring an A for my FYP.

Our supervisor Duffy likes it, and we were interviewed by Nanyang Chronicle today on it (Duffy set us up as Chron teacher-in-charge!) so lets hope I can end with a bang.