Somewhere Only We Know...: Bimbos and Vacant looks

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Bimbos and Vacant looks

Magazine Pub class today was a horror. Duffy made us split into groups to discuss the ideas we have for our feature story assignment and help each other to improve them, and I was grouped with G, F, and S (shall be nice and protect their identities cuz this post will be not-so-nice).

We got off to a bad start, F kept pushing everyone else to share their ideas while she happily disavowed all responsibility of sharing- I felt like i as in pre-school again I could just imagine her going "Teacher, teacher- I'm shy. I'm scared to open my mouth". Finally, I drew the short straw as the only guy there.

Having explained my idea, I looked to my right at S only to see her staring back at me with a VACANT look- seriously her eyes were so vacant that they resembled a black hole looking to suck all my intelligence into their unending blackness.

(FYI: S is this not-too-smart girl who always takes two minutes to digest ANY question Duffy throws at her. SERIOUSLY, I count at least three such incidences. Sometimes, I feel so bad about her not being able to answer Qs that even my seven-year-old cousin Matthew can answer that I am barely able to prevent my hand from shooting up or stop myself shouting: "Mr Duffy, I know the goddamned answer!")

Having recovered from the black hole, I got zero help for my cover story, because G was obviously not listening, and I had to repeat myself again to the SAME response.

So, I asked G to start sharing her idea, and guess what? When she had finished, F responded by clapping her hands and going "Yay..."

My god! Are they stupid or what. I hate to sound arrogant at times like these, but seriously, i do wonder how the heck they managed to make it into a school with the name Wee Kim Wee on it. Or into university at all!

Wee Kim Wee was a great man, one I truly respect, but I can't say the same for some of his "children".