Somewhere Only We Know...: A new life begins...

Thursday, July 28, 2005

A new life begins...

Finally, term has started at NTU.

It seems not too long ago when i was busy whining about NS life and was looking forward eagerly to life in University.

However, now that i have actually arrived at NTU. The question that begs to be answered is : Am i really looking forward to studying again, or have i just been looking forward to not having to serve NS anymore?

Anyway, i myself don't really know the answer to that question, but i am determined to make the most of my 4 years in university. I really hope that, this time around, i am more mature and serious about my studies unlike the previous 12 years of studying life where i always played the fool but somehow am where i am today through a combination of lots of luck, some intelligence and very little hard work!

One of the challenges posed by Uni life is sustaining my relationship with Jamie. I guess people always say that a working/schooling couple is not practical and can't last. Well, I am determined to prove this wrong. I guess there are many temptations to a guy just out of NS, especially in the big fish pond that is NTU. But i hope that in the time to come, i can prove that not all guys think with their balls but that some think with their heart.